Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, November 2, 2012

Craftember

Just some of the crafty artsy things I've done so far this fall.  I've been really wanting to work with watercolors for some time now so I broke out the paint and started sketching.  It turned into some sort of wilderness themed fashion illustration.  You never know I guess.


Recently my cat, Teeny got into a bit of medical trouble when she ate some of those fake webs from our Halloween decorations (bad kitty).  The web got stuck in her intestines and made her quite sick so I had to take her to the vet to undergo surgery to have it removed.  She was at the vet for 3 days!  Needless to say I missed her a lot so I made a little plush brooch with her face on it and put it on the Etsy shop in case you have the urge to rock Teeny's head on your body area.

After that I guess I had cats on the mind because I got an idea for a pattern from my dream.  It's super annoying how dreams fade away so quickly once you wake up, but don't worry I did a quick sketch right when I returned from dreamland so I wouldn't forget and later made this pattern:


I think it's funny to be inspired by your subconscious.  Does anyone else dream of pattern ideas?


I made it in a couple monochromatic color ways since that's how I saw it in my dream but then I had to go for a full color version of it (of course).  I think I'm going to use it for holiday wrapping paper.  Now I only have to figure out what crafty gifts I will make that will go inside of it.


A future surprise is coming using these new patterns, an idea from my watercolor, and much, much more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment